Regarded as one of Melbourne's best fresh produce markets, the South Melbourne Market is also one of Victoria's oldest established over 130 years ago. With a reputation for friendly service and high quality, our stallholders take a great deal of pride in the way they conduct their businesses.
The market's products are as diverse as the people who operate them, some of our stallholders are third generation marketers, with a broad range of fresh foods available from our butchers, fishmongers, poulterers, greengrocers and deli's in addition to a variety of fast foods, clothing, footwear, gifts, handicrafts and manchester.
Located in the area bounded by Coventry, Cecil and York Streets, the South Melbourne Market is not only an icon of the local community, it's the place where all your shopping needs are met and where "value for money" is a way of life.
- Full range of fresh fruit and vegetable produce
- Excellent Meat, Fish and Poultry ranges
- Clothing, Children's Clothing and Fashion Accessories
- Personal and Beauty products
- Homewares, Manchester and Electrical goods
- Plants and Pet Care
- Roof top Parking
- Wed - 8am to 2pm
- Fri - 8am to 6pm
- Sat - 8am to 4pm
- Sun - 8am to 4pm
- St Kilda light rail #96 from Bourke Street, Melbourne and get off at the South Melbourne Market stop. Ask your friendly light rail driver if you are unsure.
- Fitzroy St/St Kilda Beach tram #12 from Collins Street, Melbourne (travels along Clarendon Street, stops at York Street corner and Dorcas Street corner). This tram can also be caught from the corner of Park Street and Fitzroy St, St Kilda.
- National Bus route 253 runs from Garden City in Port Melbourne, via Bay Street to the South Melbourne Market. It runs every 25 to 35 minutes on weekdays only.