The Queen Victoria Market is one of Melbourne's oldest, largest and most popular markets. Steeped with trading history it is also a major tourist attraction and a regular shopping venue for Melburnians.
For more than a century, this vast and vibrant gathering of traders has served the needs of more than 130,000 shoppers weekly. It is one of the best places to shop for the huge range fresh produce, homewares and souvenirs and to also experience the bustling atmosphere and boisterous traders.
The Market is divided into different divisions of halls and stalls offering items such as:
- The Meat Hall, which is a colourful, enclosed building selling every different type of meat you desire, fish and game.
- A Dairy Hall which is a gourmet paradise featuring delicious delicatessens, bakeries, patisseries.
- Open-sided sheds with endless variety and abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables
- 1,000 stalls to browse through and pick up excellent bargains on Leather Goods (hand bags, brief cases, purses / wallets, coats and jackets etc), Sheepskin Goods, Fashion and Fashion Accessories, Children's Clothing, Beauty Products, Gift Wares, Homewares, Plants, and even Pets and Pet care Products.
- The enchanting Night Market that operates in the warmer months between end of November to Mid February
After rummaging through all these stalls has left you hungry, the Market also has several deli-style stalls selling delicious ready to-go foods ranging from nutritious sandwiches and salads to continental hot dogs and pizzas. Make sure you leave enough room to treat yourself to a Spanish Donut.
- Tue 6:00am- 2:00pm
- Thu 6:00am- 2:00pm
- Fri 6:00am- 6:00pm
- Sat 6.00am - 3.00pm
- Sun 9:00am- 4:00pm
- Night Market: Wed 6pm - 10pm.